Friday, July 3, 2009

Here's a bit more Sky story....


Background: After Nicolle found out that Sky was in a band, she told him how Rachel wanted a local band to play at her party. This is at Rachel's house as Sky's band, PinPoint is auditioning. This is the night after Sky went to dinner at Nicolle's house. :) And this is in Nicolle's point of view.....


As Gavin starts the chorus up again, I look down at Rachel.
She's grinning big, tapping her foot to the music. She looks happy. She likes it.
Sky starts picking up the pace on the drums, beating them quicker as Gavin's voice goes a bit higher, quicker, more forcefull.
I cross my arms, letting my gaze wander to Sky. He's looking up at me, and grins. I start to grin back, but catch myself and look back at Gavin. I don't even want to think about Sky. He's so....weird.
My brain does a flashback to this morning. Sky didn't even awknowlege me. He grunted his hellos and hasn't looked at me till a few seconds ago, when he grinned. My stomach drops. Maybe I have a big nasty zit I didn't see when I woke up. I look at the mirror above Sky's head. Nope, no zit. But my hair's bad. But no different than usual. I sigh and run a hand through it. Dang hair. I hadn't had enough time this morning to do anything special to it.
"Nicolle?" Rachel waves a hand in front of my face, breaking my jumbled thoughts.
"Yes?" I say, a tad too loudly, suddenly realizing the music has stopped and everyone is watching me. I glance at Sky. He is smirking at me, his hair brushed from his eyes, revealing a teasing glitter in that brilliant blue.
"You were lost in your own world." Rachel laughs. "I asked, 'what do you think?'"
I blink. "Of what?"
I hear Sky cough, trying to cover up a snort of laughter, as Gavin, RJ, Spencer and Bryan all laugh out loud. I blush as Rachel gives me a look. "Of THEM." She gestures to the band.
"Oh, yeah! They're really good." I want to say, "Espeically the singer!" And gush giggles about Gavin, but I don't. Instead I say, "They're a lot better than anyone else we've heard so far." I smile up at Gavin.
He grins back, "Well, thanks."
Rachel giggles. "I agree. Do you guys want to play for birthday?"
All the guys, except Sky, beam and nod their heads of shaggy hair eagerly.
Sky sits on his stool, calm as can be and keeps his face turned up to mine. His face is completely expressionless. I try to ignore him. But it's hard to do. I can almost feel his eyes drill through my skull. I swallow, feeling uneasy, and shift from my left leg to my right one and back again.
Rachel gives an excited clap. "Do you guys want anything to drink? I have different kinds of pop, if you'd like." I watch RJ, Gavin, Bryan and Spencer slip off their instruments as Sky stands up swiftly, still keeping a strong hold on his drum sticks.
As Rachel starts to lead the guys into the kitchen, I gather all of my puny teenage girl confidence and poke Gavin's arm to get his attention.
He smiles down at me, his green eyes shining.
My insides feel like they're melting and I have to force my mouth to work properly. "Um, you're really good, Gavin." I squeak.
Gavin's smile widens. "Thanks, hon." He says, raising his hand and running it through my hair, before he follows Rachel into the kitchen.
My face is burning and a big smile is pulling hard at my lips, when I realize Sky is still in the room, looking down at me, slightly scowling.
"Remember yesterday?" He sounds annoyed.
I blink, my smile fading. Of course I remembered yesterday. "What about it?"
Sky itches his head, then puts his hand on the wall beside my head. "I told you to stay away from my friends. They don't have the same thoughts about girls as I do."
I blink. What is he trying to say? "And what are your thoughts about girls?" I sound harsher than I intended.
Sky exhales sharply, letting me smell the mint gum on his breath. His cheeks slightly go red, as if he's embarrassed. "I treat girls with respect." His bangs fall back over his eyes. "So, you'd be smart to stay away from Gavin."
My stomach twists and I feel my eyebrows draw together in a mean glare. Who is he to tell who I can and who I can't like? I barely know him. I push him back away from me. "Shut up, Sky. Leave me alone, OK?" I look up at him, suddenly noticing how much taller he is than me. I only come up to his chin.
Sky opens his mouth to say something, but I turn my back to him and march into the kitchen.
Sky follows.
Rachel has two cans of diet Coke on the counter. I grab one and pop it open, as Sky strolls out the backdoor to stand with his friends. I roll my eyes. Sky wasn't just weird, he was annoying.
I peek out the window at them, Gavin's laughing at something along with everyone else. Except Sky. He looks angry.
I slip out into the humid April air to be with them and stand beside Rachel, sneaking another glance at Sky.
He's inspecting one of his tattoos, ignoring everyone else around him. He senses me watching and looks up, smiling.
I frown at him and he continues to smile at me, revealing white square teeth. One of his front top teeth is largly chipped.
I deepen my frown.
Sky smiles bigger.
What's his problem?
He suddenly steps over to me and stand so close I can feel heat radiating from his body. "What're you thinking about?" He whispers. "It must be intense with such a big frown on your face."
I give him a look. Does he really not know I'm frowning at him? I open my mouth to tell him, then stop. What will Gavin think if he sees us standing so close? I side step away from Sky. "I'm frowning at you."
Sky continues to watch me. "That's not very nice."
"So?"
We look at each other a minute before I say, "You're a good drum player."

That's it! Tell me what u think! :) Nicolle is supposed to have kind of mixed feelings about Sky. IDK if I made that clear enough in here.....

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.... Yes, I can tell the confusion Nicolle has about Sky. She kind of likes him but, it seems, like he may be a little too sure of himself occasionally and Nicolle wants to keep him in his place. I already am not sure if I like Gavin. Does Nicolle like Gavin? Is she just flirting a little to get at Sky? Is there more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....I don't like Gavin either. But Nicolle does like him. :P. And then they end up dating. But I have one part I've written, that I can email you, but I don't know if I like it enough to put it up here. A friend of mine already read it. She loved it. But...if u want to read that part, I'll email it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read it!!!!!!!!!! Email it to me.

    ReplyDelete